CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Every Moment of Everyday

For several days after John Reid was born Chris and I would stare at him and weep out of joy. We were overwhelmingly thankful for this precious miracle God has blessed us with and forever grateful that he allowed us to play a role! While we still stare everyday and weep sometimes, it's sad to think that after just 3 months this miraculous life change that rocked our world is now becoming our normal. I have a new-found devotion to treasure every moment of everyday with our precious baby boy.

Wednesday I went to the funeral of a 7 year old friend of mine. Dakota was a part of the Children's Ministry I served for the past 5 years. He got to see the sweet face of our Jesus after suffering a brain aneurysm while riding 4-wheelers with his dad. In all the gospel presentations we did throughout my time as Children's Minister, I thought I was guiding kids to have a relationship with Jesus for the long life ahead of them. I honestly I never talked out of concern that these kids would pass this world before having a chance to know our Savior...there was plenty time. Last summer at VBS as we presented the gospel, Dakota was brave enough to ask some awesome questions and showed the faith necessary to become a Christ follower. Then last November, his wonderful parents followed up with his desire to show the world who he belonged to through baptism.

With all the pictures and stories of a growing little boy shown at the service I couldn't help but think of our John Reid. I began to pray... May I share my love of Christ with him every moment of everyday. And may God choose to give him the strength to call upon his name at a young age. May Chris and I be prepared to guide him and show him the examples he needs of a life devoted to Christ. May we cherish each moment we have together, submitting to God- the life giver. And may God's angels surround and protect our precious boy.

The song 'I Can Only Imagine' sung at the service gave me one amazing visual of what a joyful, energetic 7 year Christ follower must have done when he saw the throne of our God. I love you Dakota, thanks for the real life example of childlike faith!

In honor of enjoying every moment I'd like to share with you the comment sweet Debbie (who selflessly watched John Reid in the nursery during the service) said when I picked him up..."He did great but I must say, that little boy passes gas like a man!"

2 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

Wow, what a beautiful post! I have to say, this was my favorite part....

"With all the pictures and stories of a growing little boy shown at the service I couldn't help but think of our John Reid. I began to pray... May I share my love of Christ with him every moment of everyday. And may God choose to give him the strength to call upon his name at a young age. May Chris and I be prepared to guide him and show him the examples he needs of a life devoted to Christ. May we cherish each moment we have together, submitting to God- the life giver. And may God's angels surround and protect our precious boy."

I definitely just said that sweet mother's prayer in my heart for my little Ellis. Thanks Em! What a gift you are to so many children!

The Allen's said...

John Reid is truly blessed to have parents who care more for his eternal security rather than his earthly one. Keep up the great parenting!