OU-Texas weekend is always a busy one. We had lots of family in town and John Reid had a great time with his cousins. (Hopefully I can get some pictures posted) Once everyone left town this morning, we went to Touch-A-Truck hosted by a local school. They had many different kinds of trucks for the kids to experience. It was a great concept. John Reid's favorites were the garbage truck and TCU "Horn" Frog.
Funny story- When we said we were going to "Touch A Truck" my mom thought we were going to one of those radio events where someone has to touch a truck for days to win something great. Then, they got concerned that I might be participating in it and thought it would be difficult as a mother with a new born! I think she was relieved when I described it later!
Chris and John Reid watching this truck picking up a couch
We saw our friends the Mitchells. It was fun to watch the difference between John Reid and Ellis. Ellis had us laughing as he RAN from truck to truck talking (or YELLING) about each one. John Reid on the other walked slowly and didn't really say much until we got in the car. He soaked it all in and then once he processed it all he "unloaded" by jabbering all the way home. (Although I must admit that he talked more about the basketball goal we saw on the way out and the TCU basketball poster we got than the trucks)
This was a real and heavy fire helmet!
As John Reid says "Go Frogs Go!"
Family Photo, can't see him but Benjamin is in the sling
We are definitely keeping busy with our two boys. I laugh to myself many times a day thinking about the differences with our second baby. For example, I used to sit, rest and read as I fed John Reid at this age. Poor Benjamin often eats while I make John Reid a PB&J or throw the laundry in the dryer... multitasking I didn't think was possible!
John Reid continues to bring us more joy everyday. He amazes us and keeps us laughing. His new thing is to get his football, come up to us, pull our leg and say "Tackle me." (This is yet another challenging but possible task to do at the same time as nursing!) I'm just glad he's not in school right now asking his teacher or classmates to "Tackle me." He's also surprising us everyday by how much he knows. He counts to 10 in English and is learning to count in Spanish un-assisted. He knows many of his shapes and all his colors. Today in the car he was looking at a fire escape outside a building and said "Tall high steps!" Then, as we sat in the car at Chipolte I asked him what Daddy was getting. He replied "Beans, avocado (guacamole) rice and ummmm... cheese!" We didn't think we went there enough for him to know that. At least it's not McDonald's, right?
Oh, and John Reid has proven himself Chris' son over and over again. Here are a few examples:
-Saturday morning as we watched Game Day on TV it took him no time to look at the helmets at the bottom of the desk and say "Boomer Sooner, Hook'em Horns, Football game!"
-At the zoo this weekend he talked about the ducks and birds (he even held a food stick out for the birds to sit and eat on. Something I couldn't even handle!) more than the elephants, monkeys, giraffes and tigers.
-And today as we sat on the back porch we watched John Reid disappear into the garage for a moment. We wondered what he would find amongst his outside toys. He came out grinning and holding Chris' practice fly rod. Then he yelled to us "Fishing pole!"
2 comments:
Glad that you are enjoying your two boys so much. What family fun! Hope we can catch up soon.
I love the little caption on Ellis. Maybe JR should give him some lessons on slowing down and talking at a normal octave. :) My gosh, he loves JR though!
Post a Comment