Hello Blog World! I know it's been way too long since my last blog. This weekend marks the first time in almost 3 years Chris and I have had our house to ourselves. We will surely miss our babies, who are in Tyler with Chris' parents, but we are VERY excited about the weekend! What to do? #1 on the list, catch up on blogging.
Yes, John Reid is potty trained! The Potty Baseball Game was a success. We has a few rough days, but John Reid was obviously ready to get rid of diapers. I took this picture one morning after he woke up. It's a good visual of what he looks like most mornings as he come downstairs (Benjamin and I are always already up)
Once we started potty training I realized we had to convert his crib to a toddler bed so he could get himself up to go potty. This was a sad moment for mom and dad, but he was thrilled about his big boy bed. with this change, came his ability to get himself out of bed when he woke up. His routine is to take off his PJ's, put on underwear (95% of the time backwards), a shirt (50% backwards) sock and shoes (99% backwards). He doesn't usually wear pants! These are the moments I hope to have embedded in my memory forever. We greet each other at the bottom of the stairs and sing our good morning song from Bible Study Fellowship. "Good Morning God. This is your day. I am your child. Show me Your Way!" This particular morning he has the eye black left over from playing "dress up" the day before. That stuff is very hard to get off, so typically I save him the tears and let it wear off. The stuffed animal is his little Bevo. He picks that or his TCU bear to sleep with every night.
1 comments:
yes, such sweet memories :)
Post a Comment