CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

Our week-long Christmas celebrations are sadly over. It was so fun to see John Reid experience his first Christmas... 3 times!
Christmas #1.
Last Friday afternoon we arrived in OKC and met my brother and his family at my parents house. Saturday morning we opened gifts. I misplaced the camera right before we began opening presents, so most of it was captured on video. (I wont bore you with the footage) Having just moved, the time in OKC was very relaxing and I even got to order Christmas, well New Years, cards while I was there. They are nothing special, but I was thankful to get them done.Here is John Reid with his cousin, Charlotte's candy purse in his mouth. No worries, she quickly took it from him. In the background is one of my favorite family traditions. That small wrapped gift in the manger is a doll of baby Jesus. Before we begin opening gifts, the youngest child unwraps the most special gift of all...Baby Jesus! By the way, John Reid loves all the baby Jesus' in the nativities around our house and others. When you ask "where is baby Jesus" he will look at or go towards them...precious!



Watching Daddy unwrap his gifts. John Reid was flooding with them, but the best was a walker that plays music. I might post video of it. He is so proud of himself, walking all around the house with a huge smile!



Sunday night, my cousin Ruth Ann watched John Reid while Chris and I went to a basketball game. The new OKC NBA team played the Cavs and we were able to see Lebron James play. We both really enjoyed it and compared to the gigantic American Airlines Center, the Ford Center was a great, intimate place to watch a game.



We got home from OKC on Monday and headed to Tyler after Chris' duck hunt Tuesday morning.



Christmas #2.
We celebrated Christmas with Chris Mom's side of the family Tuesday and Wednesday. We missed the TCU watched party in FW so we made our own in Tyler. It was a great game and we are so happy TCU pulled off a win. GiGi, Chris' mom, was so excited for John Reid to open his gift that she let him unwrap it before kickoff. It was a rocking horse and he loves it!On mount of "Trigger Horse"




Touching and feeling.


(Side note story) I must admit that every once in a while I am a bit saddened that I don't have a little gift to dress up. The new precious baby legging's are a perfect example. I think they are the cutest things ever and I just assumed the were yet another item that only mom's of baby girls get to enjoy. Well, I found some blue ones at at boutique in Tyler and some how I talked Chris into buying them. I think it helped that there was a picture of a boy on the cover. He did get a strange reaction from his dad and grandparents at first, but after an afternoon of play, everyone agreed that they are a very practical. I highly suggest them to any mother of a baby not walking. Specially if you baby drags a leg (like John Reid does) when crawling.Watching Popsy get ready to hang the American flag.

Taking a ride in his new travel toy bag.

Finding his way out.



John Reid helping out with a Rash (Chris' mom's side of the family) family tradition. Playing and singing Christmas carols.




John Reid entertained the entire church with his babbling and laughing during the Christmas Candlelight service. Really, he just wanted to out talk the preacher. We tried to take him out, but GiGi and Nana insisted he stay. They said the preachers says that a pastor who can't talk over babies isn't any good. He was so wipped he fell asleep while we opened gift that evening.
We packed him up in the card and heading to the farm for another tradition, setting off firecrackers on Christmas Eve.




Of course John Reid didn't stay sleep through all the noise, but he woke up happy and surprisingly enjoyed the fireworks show.




Barnabas, on the other hand, did not.Notice Barnabas (the Golden Retriever) in the way back, trying to get some protection from the loud noises.





Eventually he was feeling a little more nervous and moved up to the backseat.





I guess this was the safest place he could get to!




We got into For Worth at 1 am Christmas Eve. Chris and I got a great initiation into life as Santa, making Christmas morning preparations until way past 2am.




Christmas #3. Home sweet home.



This is a shot of John Reid crawling towards the things Santa left for him under his stocking. John Reid got lots of footballs and basketballs. We also got him a ball play machine they he has really enjoyed. Unintentionally, we had a ball-themed Christmas.




We definitely missed seeing Chris' Dad, Papa, Grandma Myra and Uncle Chase over Christmas. Thanks to you John Reid was able to open plenty of gifts Christmas morning.




Chris gave me tickets to play ANNIE, my all time favorite. So tonight we will have a date night. I was able to surprise Chris with a wonderful painting, our friend Kat did, of our old house! He loved it and it's something we will cherish forever.




We had our friends The Thompson's and The Cowan's Chrismas morning for breakfast. It was great have people into our new home and to use some china! (Without a formal dinning room in the old house we didn't ever use it) It was BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair) because we are still in searching for the perfect dining room chairs!

Having just moved, things weren't perfect, but it worked!
Lastnight John Reid slept for 14 straight hours and as I type he is 45minutes into his 2nd nap of the day! I think he's pretty worn out! Chris and I fixed a great dinner lastnight of pork, mashed potates, salad and bread. In Chris' prayer before dinner he thanked God for the blessings of this year. My, have we been surrounded by the love of Christ! I am so thankful for my wonderful loving husband who makes me a better woman and for the beautiful, healthy and happy baby boy He's given to us. I hope all our friends and family feel Christ in a similar way and enjoy the last week of 2008!

0 comments: